Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day!

We did our annual popsicle eating contest today. And we had a new participant, my Grandfather. It is so funny watching them all taste, smell, and stew about what the flavors are-its amazing how many different kinds my sister finds. Lincoln even got to join in the fun this year.


Here is everyone at the start


Amelia got to have a taste... Don't know if this kind was her favorite?

Lincoln ... probably on popsicle #5

Tasting, tasting...


And after the 4th annual tasting contest, there was a new winner ... James stole the title from Landon with a 5 1/2 out of 8 score. Just a half point more than my grandfather. It was a nail-biter. So James gets to display the trophy for the next year and will try and repeat then.




All in all, fun was had by all. Thanks to my sister for the creative way to celebrate the fathers in our lives. I am so very thankful for my husband and all he does for our family and our daughter. And I am so very thankful for the wonderful father I have. He is an amazing father and friend: a giant kid at heart who seeks to serve and live for Christ. Thank you for all you have done... we love you. Happy Father's Day, J!

No comments:

Post a Comment