Monday, August 9, 2010

Growing...

We have hit a new season in Amelia's life, Toddler-hood and everyday I am reminded of it... or rather, she reminds me. She continually seeks out the undiscovered, she never stops moving, talking, laughing, screaming. And I feel slightly more connected to the mother struggling in the store with her crying child. Although Amelia still is very good, she has her moments :)

With her search for independence, naps have become more difficult. I don't think she is ready for one nap a day... and I'm not sure I'm ready either.

Walking she is still not doing yet, although she has taken a few steps here and there. Quite frankly, she feels like she gets around faster on her knees.

She says 'hi', 'momma' and calls for daddy in by yelling "DA!"

Anyway, she keeps life exciting and crazy. This is how we found here during naptime the other day... leg up, her preferred way to sleep.





1 comment:

  1. She sure looks comfortable when she sleeps!! We are anxious to see you all in a couple of weeks - maybe slow Miss Amelia down enough to get in a 'squeeze'!

    We noticed on Lindsay's blog that Amelia is cutting teeth too!
    Love DD & MM

    ReplyDelete