Thursday, June 23, 2011

Summer Cooking

I've been trying some new recipes that are quick and easy. You know, in between getting stuff done around the house, enjoying friends, and swimming, spending a little time in the kitchen for some quick deliciousness. Lets see, I found a great dinner recipe, Mongolian Beef, which is pretty close to the PF Changs' recipe. Again, so quick so easy ... and one of my husband's favorite. Another favorite of his is Fudge popsicles... What's better than Homemade, right? If you are looking for a fun summer dessert, HERE it is.
And finally, my favorite...

These-
Raspberry Rolls, oh my. Seriously, there is nothing to them and would make a great breakfast treat. I used Frozen bread dough. Let it rise once. Rolled it out into a rectangle. I used frozen raspberries and 1 Tablespoon each of water and cornstarch. Threw those 3 into the microwave for 1 Minute. Mashed berries slightly and stirred it all together, Spread it onto rolled dough and roll up like cinnamon rolls. Slice, arrange in a greased pan, and let rise for another 30 minutes or so, and Bake. Then a simple frosting on top and Wowza...

I would highly recommend trying it. I'm sure any other berry would work just as well, but I really enjoyed the tart from the raspberries with the sweet from the frosting. You be the judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment