Friday, September 27, 2013

Five Things...

1. WE ARE OFFICIALLY OFF FORMULA!!! After months of expensive milk-free/soy-free formula, we finally found something that Jack will both eat and not have a reaction to... Coconut Milk. I tried soy, it took him awhile to adjust to the taste but seemed extra grumpy in the middle of the night. And since I don't want to deal with that any more than I have to, we switched. Here in a few more months we'll give dairy another shot. In the meantime, Nana found non-dairy cheese (yes, it sounds disgusting) so Jack had his first grilled cheese sandwich ever! Next up! coconut milk icecream!

2. We are all adjusting to living here with my parents. Only slightly annoying that I can't find half of my fall clothes or shoes. But some pros: DVR ... and I actually feel like we watch less tv with it now. Evening hot tub soaks, leaving to get ice cream with James once the kids are in bed.

3. We have seen some massive progress on the house this week! In just 3 days this place will be completely framed! Here are some pictures of the progress. We even took Amelia out there to see her new house. My nephew and BIL joined us too. BIL used to help build houses so it was nice to have a trained eye walking through with us.

 garage!

Right inside the front door! Look stairs are in! This was end of day two... 2nd floor almost complete

Our eat-in kitchen 

Checking out the view from the living room

Here we are checking out 2nd floor!

This picture is great! James is checking plans while Amelia and I talk about her new room

This was end of day one... and fuzzy (phone picture) But you get the idea. 

best friends and cousins!

We are very excited and have enjoyed watching the house go up! Now let's hope on a before thanksgiving move in date!

4. In less exciting news, I just chopped my long hair all off... It's liberating really. I just took back half of my morning. Ok, not really but it hasn't been this short in awhile.

5. We are fully enjoying our beginning of fall over here... crafts with kids, playing outside, homecoming parades, apple picking... Can't believe September is almost over! 


1 comment:

  1. Hey Katie! I noticed your hair this weekend, but I forgot to tell you how much I love it. Maybe I should cut mine off too! Love your house pics! :)

    ReplyDelete