Monday, March 1, 2010

Weekend Wonders

I got a much needed break this weekend. On Friday night, I rode up to Chicago with my sister. She had a conference to attend Saturday so I got to be her car buddy. It was nice to just relax and take my time getting up and ready. Having time to myself to shower, read, etc. was refreshing. And I'm pretty sure I ate out for every meal last weekend. wow... Thanks to my wonderful husband who stayed at home to watch Amelia, who was up every two hours.

We got our first letter from our girl we are sponsoring in Indonesia. I am looking forward to supporting and praying for her and seeing what God has in store for all of us through this process.

We are doing a study in small group called Gripped by the Greatness of God and this week we are reading Isaiah 40 talking about His awesomeness. How mighty and big is our God.
"The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint and to him who has no might he increases strength." 40:28-29

Praise be to the God of the Universe! What a blessing to know He is seated on the throne.

No comments:

Post a Comment