Sunday, March 28, 2010

the Sleep Wars


Sleeping as never been a big issue for Amelia. She has always slept well at night and goes down without much fuss. Truly, we have been blessed with such an easy, laid back baby. However, lately this hasn't been the story. Although sleeping through the night is still normal, PRAISE GOD, but getting her down for both naps and bedtime is an increasingly harder task. In part, because she wants to do nothing but see what's going on with things and the new crawling doesn't help.

Her screams and fights when time to sleep have me reaching the depths of myself for patience to figure out what to do next. She doesn't relax, so just rocking her won't help because it just turns into a wrestling match. Sigh, it's been a struggle. And she used to be great at going to sleep in other places than her own crib, but again, her desire to be in everything has caused that to stop. So then I'm dealing with an overtired bug.

Letting her scream herself to sleeps sounds good in theory, yes, but it seems to only add fuel to the fire. It is nice to know that, much like everything else in parenting, is a trial and error process. I know and trust the Lord with provide sufficient grace to grant me the patience I need in my fight. And eventually ...





She WILL fall asleep...

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had some wise advice for you. I don't, but hang in there - this too shall pass! Angela

    ReplyDelete