Thursday, May 27, 2010

My Husband

This is a very special time of year for us. Celebration after celebration. Our Anniversary is coming up... next week. Followed by Father's Day a week later. and Today is my husband's birthday. He barely remembers when it is ... or what exactly his age is (not sure if that's cause sometimes he acts like a 10 year old and other times, 65). But I love celebrating birthdays, especially his. I like to make things last all week, so our menu this week has featured his favorite meals, I've made one of his favorite cakes earlier this week so we could snack every night on it. and I'm never good at waiting to give gifts if I already have them. So, he got to open presents last night. Tonight we get to go out, childless, and celebrate together ... Celebrate him.

I have known him since ... what? his 6th grade year. I knew almost immediately that I wanted to know him. And that was just the beginning. Here we are years later and I am so thankful for him... for the husband he is, for the friend, provider, partner, father... he is. He has been and continues to be my lighthouse, for his brilliance, his guidance, his strength and stability. I love you, James. Thank you for being mine.


1 comment: