Thursday, September 2, 2010

10 things ...

1. I love it that it is September! Fall is approaching... although I'd be ok if it came faster! I absolutely love fall; my favorite! I am looking forward to many things in the next few months - Football (exactly ONE WEEK from today!), crisp, cool weather, leaves, apples, bonfires, annual Hess family get-together ... just to name a few. Bring it all on!!!

2. Amelia is getting more and more comfortable with the whole walking thing. Now, as long as she's standing... she walks. She no longer has to think about it. She still can't walk for long distances, but we are glad she is loving to practice.

3. In related Amelia news, we have done several days with only one nap. She does a good job of letting me know when she needs a morning nap. But we have officially started that transition. I must say, for purely selfish reasons, I'm going to miss the morning naps. But maybe, just maybe, with no morning nap, she'll take a longer afternoon nap or go to bed earlier.

4. I have the privilege of being the Matron of Honor in my friends wedding this coming April. I have know her all her life and very excited for this! I must admit, I am having fun helping her and hearing about all the wedding details. Very excited for Kristen and Shaun and what God has in store for them.

5. James is heavily studying for the next test of his in November. He has some obscene amount information to read, reread, and learn. It is a heavy weight on his shoulders. We will see what November brings.

6. My grandparents have moved up here from Jacksonville, FL. They are now living just a few minutes away. I have never lived next to any family and, I must say, it has been nice. We obviously see them more, spend more time with them, etc. but it has been nice to be able to have someone else to drop Amelia off with for a few hours. With them just being minutes away, their house is never out of the way. I got to enjoy a mess free, chaos free lunch with a friend. Thanks, Mams and Paps!

7. Next week I start singing with the choir at church. Kind of excited. It has been awhile since I've sang with a group and although it isn't super structured, I'm looking forward to being with a musical group.

8. Amelia is good at making messes. And, I am pretty sure I could spend all day just picking up after her. No wonder by the end of the day I feel like I haven't gotten anything done.

Look, giant mess... and this is actually not as bad as usual.
She loves to take things out ... ALL out.
See, mess everywhere. Always

9. I am doing a cookie of the month for my brother-in-law for his first year of college. So once a month I send him a different dozen cookies. I am really excited for this. I've decided on some familiar recipes and some not so familiar. September is Peanut butter-toffee chip cookies. If I find good, tasty recipes, I'll share :)

10. Have a good long Labor day Weekend! We will be enjoying some of the last days of summer!

1 comment:

  1. So fun to read your blog! So many fun things going on in your life. love you girl!

    ReplyDelete