Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas time is here...

Ah, I am just busting at the seams with Christmas spirit. I have been looking forward to all that this time brings ... decorations and music, family and traditions, and most importantly celebrating, worshiping, and thanking Christ Jesus.

Sunday we were able to get our tree. My parents came with us per tradition, although we missed the rest of my family.



Amelia thoroughly enjoyed walking through the trees. This kid could just walk for hours and with tons of trees to check out... we could have kept her busy all day.
We found a good one and Daddy and Papa cut it down for us ... now to decorate!


In eager anticipation of the season, I made some crafts last month. the Noel sign...
I also put together an advent calendar. I wrestled with a few different ideas for how this would work. Finally settled on one, and got it done the day before Dec. 1st. Each day we have a Christmas related activity. Some are as simple as watching a movie or making cookies, but we also have days to visit a nursing home, deliver goodies to a neighbor, and write Elsa, our Compassion Child. Along with our activity, we have scripture to read to prepare our hearts and minds for the season.

December 1st activity was get a new ornament for the year. Because we own few ornaments, I decided last year, we would make a new tradition to let Amelia pick out a new ornament each year. We had fun finding this one, and this year, she actually had an opinion about one.

Oh, and she is not foaming at the mouth here... she is sucking on a mint m&m :)
And the first snow on the first day of December was perfect! Enjoy your holiday season. I am sure we will!!!

2 comments:

  1. Your house and tree look great! I need to see that blue wall! And you being oh so creative - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Advent calendar and the daily acitivities! Did you come up with that on your own or did you follow a tutorial? What great memories you will have!

    ReplyDelete