Tuesday, February 15, 2011

26

Well... I've reached the other side of 25. It sounds old. I know its not, but 26 really?
It was a wonderful day, actually we had the whole weekend of fun building up to Monday. Friday evening we had our 2nd annual Vday dinner party. I might have spent a good portion of the latter half of last week in the kitchen but it was amazingly fun and wish I could get paid to do that all day long. I made a 3 course meal, including 2 desserts. Maybe I've already started on next year's menu?
Saturday my whole family met at an arcade in a mall to spend the day playing games for free. This place was more than just a simple arcade; it had bumper cars, go karts, duckpin bowling, 3D theater, mini golf, and couple other small rides. It also had an area with smaller games and rides for toddlers. Instead of coins or tokens, you had cards to swipe to play anything and thanks to my dad, we had several cards with an obscene amount of cash on them so we could freely and thoughtlessly swipe away. We successfully used up our cards and enjoyed the pizza buffet. Amelia was content to run around and watch everyone, chase after her cousins, and ride the train where she could ring the bell.
The rest of that day was spent relaxing as a family, preparing for Sunday school, and watching fights with my husband.
Sunday after church, we had lunch with the Humphrey's and got a chance to catch up with Mom-mom and Dad-dad (james' grandparents). They actually came over to babysit Amelia while we went to small group. It was a wonderful help and Amelia had fun with her great-grand parents.
Yesterday, James came home early to spend time with his old wife for her birthday and then we went out to dinner at one of my favorites. It was a wonderful day, slightly more relaxed, and filled with emails, text and facebook messages, phone calls, and hugs from family and friends. It was a great birthday. Amelia even took a long nap for mommy. Anyway, feeling very blessed. Thanks again to all for the birthday wishes ... and heres to 26.

Valentine cookies for Uncle Michael.
Amelia likes wearing her hat and gloves... Mommy likes that it has been slightly warmer that we don't have to wear our hats and gloves.
This was one dessert from our Vday party ... Chocolate cake with a layer of bittersweet chocolate mousse, and then a layer of milk chocolate mousse. First attempt at homemade mousse ... so good, so easy.
A picture of me and my valentine with my new ipod touch before dinner, matching and everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment