Friday, January 7, 2011

18 months.

Amelia's new year resolution was to FINALLY get rid of her Paci. My original plan was to have it completely gone by 12 months. But since it was only thing that seemed to calm the child who never holds still, I avoided the issue. But I knew it was a good time; one less thing we have to remember when we travel or she stays somewhere, she wasn't extremely attached to it ... it was time. It was only out of my own laziness that we hadn't yet ... Slowly but surely all baby things are coming to an end. Only diapers and the crib left.

So, she is now paci-free, with minimal pain too. It just took her about twice as long to fall asleep than normal, which is entirely too long but not many tears. Naptime remains the hardest ... It is just too hard to calm down.

She gets more fun with each day. She plays wonderfully by herself and I no longer feel I have to constantly watch her, just check in a few times. She is still an expert at destroying the house.

Her vocabulary is exploding and tries to say everything. It is amazing how being able to communicate a bit better makes things easier. When she is done eating, reading, napping, taking a bath ... she says "Amen!" Ha, not sure why, but it's so cute. Hands straight up in the air, "Ah-min, Ah-min!" She can identify anything football- helmets, pads, fields, when the TVs on and yells "football" until we respond. She can spot mickey mouse a mile away, she asks for help constantly, and she has mastered a cute little 'peas' (please). She loves to sing. Some of her favorites are ABCs, she sings the B,D, I, P, S, X . She likes My God is so BIG! actions included. and I've got the Joy, Joy ... and after anything fun, different, or a song is finished, she pleads to do it again ... "Gan, gan"

She has mastered the spoon and is trying her hand at the fork. She has become a great helper around the house too. She helps me load the dryer, she helps clean up her own messes, she loves to help unload the dishwasher, and she also has helped me dust.

She is so much fun these days. And it is incredible how much her little brain can just soak in. She has her 18month appointment coming up in the next weeks ... 18 months already, really?

1 comment:

  1. Yay, Amelia! Good job on the Paci.

    I bet she is all kinds of cute helping you around the house. :)

    ReplyDelete