Tuesday, May 3, 2011

5 things...

1. Our crazy weekend was primarily due to my best friend's wedding. I was the Matron of Honor and Amelia was the flower girl. There was so much going on and things to remember and nap schedules and so on I was thoroughly more stressed about this wedding than my own. But, it went beautifully, weather was good, Amelia took a nap between pictures and ceremony, and She walked down the aisle all by herself almost perfectly. She left her basket at the top of the aisle and slowly and gracefully walked down. It was a beautiful outside reception; seriously felt like something out of a movie. So excited for Mr and Mrs. Addison and looking forward to seeing how God uses them.

I tried to get a few pictures of my own. I am hoping the photographer got better ones. :) (which I am sure) Amelia had a cute headband that she refused to wear and every time I tried to put in on, she ripped it off, making crazy uncontrolled hair for the ceremony.... whoops.
With the bride...
She would have let Shaun, the groom, hold her all day if he could.

2. I think that we are finally slowing down over here and crazy schedules are ending... at least for a while. After wedding craziness and studying for tests, we are looking forward to some calm again. And maybe, just maybe ... weather that doesn't include rain!

3. I sent my BIL his last cookie of the month before he is done with school for the year. Butterscotch Brownies ... they were good, simple, quick, and did I mention, good? I would highly recommend them if you are sitting around on your couch, thinking about how much you want something sweet but don't have much or don't want to spend alot of time on something.... THIS recipe worked perfectly. I think it took like 5 minutes to put together and 20 to bake. I did add some butterscotch chips. love recipes that lend themselves nicely to change or add to something special. Try em!

4. Potty training update! There is a plan! We haven't pushed it much because when we first started by getting the potty, Amelia didn't seem super ready. So we waited and tried after a bit, but still, she didn't seem to care. So we've waited again, and now I have some new tactics after talking with friend/reading up some more. So, once we get through this month...(there are some special things going on this month like more weddings and vacation that I thought it was safer to wait) we will try again. No more diapers, and no going back.

5. Thinking this week about (and thankful for) a God who restores.

day by day and with each passing moment
strength I find, to meet my trials here;
trusting in my father's wise bestowment
I've no cause for worry or for fear
He whose heart is kind beyond all measure
Gives unto each day what He deems best
Lovingly, its part of pain and pleasure
Mingling toil with peace and rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment