Monday, May 16, 2011

Dinner party!

This past weekend we enjoyed some good food with some good friends at my very first dinner party. Sure I've had people over for dinner but this was a full, big, 4 course meal and it was SO FUN!
Originally there was 5 Couples (friends from church) invited but one sadly, couldn't make it. I spend most of the day friday and most of the Saturday cooking/baking. Just some pictures of the night. It was fun getting ready, setting up, planning, cooking, but the best part was enjoying with some great company ... thankful, so thankful, for the fellowship we have with them!

menu
Lets see... we rearranged furniture, got folding tables and borrowed folding chairs to make it happen, with the small place, I thought it turned out pretty nice.
Drink table. Water, wine, and fresh strawberry punch.
one tray of appetizers: tomato and gorgonzola pizzettes.
Salads: Gazpacho and Caesar
my new favorite way to make potatoes, crisy potato roast. Quick prep with an awesome mandolin
Main Dish: Beef Bourguignon... yes please!
Dessert (always my favorite) I couldn't decide on a few ideas so I made mini versions of all three and everyone could try all three: Blueberry Cheesecake with caramel sauce, Vanilla Bean cupcake with bittersweet chocolate frosting and a espresso chip, and finally strawberry and honey pie with Cardamom whipped cream.
And, of course, in perfect Katie fashion, I forgot to take pictures once the guest actually arrived. Got too busy and having too much fun! Can't wait to do it again!



1 comment:

  1. YOU ARE THE BEST! And it was sooo delicious!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete